Saturday, August 1, 2009

Is it August already?

Looking back on the time since IMPACT ended, time seems to have gone by really fast. But also looking back I know there were those days and weeks that seemed to just drag on and on. This summer I worked full-time as a Nursing Assistant at a nursing home just 1/2 a mile up the road from our new house (pictured below), which by the way, I love! I worked night shift (11pm-7am) at this place. So, working those hours, you can imagine that I had to sleep during the day, which proved to be very difficult for me. I have been tired a lot this summer. The job has been hard, but I learned so much. I made a new friend and was able to buy a car (pictured above) and pay for my first semester of college all by myself with the money I made. One of the things this job taught me was that I am definitely not ready for the full-time working world. In time I believe I will be, but I think I'm going to stay in school for at least six years to avoid it as much as I can. (hehe) As of today, I am done working there full-time for the summer. I have decided to not work very much during the first semester of college. School comes first, and I want to get used to my schedule before I commit to doing to much.



Speaking of school, I as of this week, I am an official University of Georgia student! I have the ID to prove it! I had freshman orientation Monday and Tuesday and while those two days were spent hearing about stuff I already knew about, I walked around campus realizing this is where I will spend the next four years of my life. I fell in love! The campus is absolutely wonderful, and the more time I spend in Athens, the more I love it! I registered for classes on Tuesday and in addition to taking some core freshman classes, math, english, chemistry, I will be taking a freshman seminar about the plants of the Bible as well as beginning my study of classical Greek! Classes start August 17th!

I have two more weeks before classes start. This week is going to a real summer consisting of getting some stuff done before school begins, like buying books, getting my car completely fixeds up, and relaxing by the pool. A beautiful tan, here I come. A week from tomorrow I leave to go back to the IMPACT campus in Pine Mountain, GA for an IMPACT alumni reunion. I am so excited to see my fellow IMPACT students, from my class and the past two classes. What a perfect way to the end the summer and begin a new chapter in our lives!



1 comment:

Dede Holt said...

Awww, you love the UGA campus? What's not to love? Classical architecture, giant magnolia trees, flowers almost all year, Sanford Stadium (of course)...and now it will be more beautiful with you walking the campus. You're my little bullpup!