Saturday, August 22, 2009

First Week at UGA: TGI FRIDAY

This picture is very appropriate of how I felt as I left my last class on Friday afternoon. It was not a bad feeling, more like an overwhelming feeling, and not in a bad way. I love my classes and am looking forward to continuing them, but the weekend is ALWAYS nice.

The only classes I had Friday were Math from 12:20-1:10pm and English from 3:35-4:25PM (the times are so weird, and since high school I'm still trying to figure out why). I did some work the could hours between those classes, and then after, my dad and little sister met me at the student center to see some artwork on one of the walls done by a guy my dad knows. From campus we went to a pizza place in Athens called Stevi B's. After filling ourselves up on an assortment of pizzas at the buffet (and when I mean assortment I mean that they serve any pizza you want them to make, from taco pizza to macaroni and cheese pizza to blueberry pie pizza for dessert), we headed to the movie theater for a cheap show (Athens has a "dollar theater" that shows movies for $2.00 a person). We saw "Night at the Museum 2." Besides one or two cuss words and a few kisses, it's an excellent family film, hilarious and I think almost better than the first.

So, that's my first week of college. From memories and food, to glorified God and cars being towed, you have heard it all. There are so many more days of college that I have left (especially since I am a Chemistry major and will be pursuing med-school in 4 years), so continue following my blog as I try to keep my life interesting enough to blog about.

5 days down, a whole lot more to go...

1 comment:

Dede Holt said...

Very cool. I love that you can blog and put all these event in "memory". It's so neat to be able to read about it all AND talk about it when you come home. SATURDAY'S COMING! GO DAWGS!