Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Summer Missions 2013

A mini life update: I am currently in my last semester of classes at UGA.  I will be done in May, complete an internship in the fall, and graduate in December of 2013 with a degree in Health Promotion.  I currently work at Tribe Fitness (livetribefitness.com) as a personal trainer, hoping to continue in that profession after graduation.

So...last summer, I went to Antigua, Guatemala with my sister doing missions work with a group from Watkinsville First Baptist Church. While in Guatemala we worked with Nathan, a full-time missionary with Engadi Ministries. Engadi Ministries works to break the gang cycle in boys and helps them find refuge and growth in Christ by giving them a home to train them in the instruction of the Lord. Learn more about the ministry here. http://www.engadiministries.org/

The trip was life changing and the Lord put a burden in my heart for the boys in Guatemala.  This summer, I am returning to Guatemala during the second week of June (8-15) with Watkinsville First Baptist Church to continuing helping Nathan with his work in Antigua.  Our work will involve ministering to the children in the city as well as helping with the construction of the boys’ home.

Not only am I going to Guatemala this summer but I will also be going to Honduras during the last week of June (22-29) to work at Orphanage Emmanuel. (www.orphanageemmanuel.com) This ministry takes in unwanted children and gives them a chance at a life that they would not have had otherwise. During our time there, we will be helping on a construction project in addition to spending lots of time with the kids and showing them the love of Jesus.

So here’s the nitty gritty: the cost for the trip to Guatemala is $1300, and the cost of the Honduras trip is around $1100.  This is a lot of money that I do not have. However, praise the Lord that the cost of the Honduras trip is already covered, so all I need to do is raise $1300. It is with great faith and knowing that this is the will of the Lord that I have committed to these trips with full assurance that God will supply the money.  I ask that you prayerfully consider partnering with me in prayer and in finances.

                                                 *****If you can give*****
Send a check to 1061 Persimmon Creek Drive; Bishop, GA 30621.
Make the check out to "WFBC", and do NOT put my name anywhere on the check.

Please know that these trips are not possible without your help. The reason we are here on earth is to spread the saving knowledge that the only way to get to heaven is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone. I am looking forward to sharing this good news in Central America this summer!  Thank you for partnering with me in sharing the Gospel!

Acts 1:8
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

No comments: