Monday, February 10, 2014

Guatemala...again!

Dear Family and Friends,

Before I begin, here’s a little update on my life as of now: I graduated from UGA in December of 2013 with a degree in Health Promotion. I am working part-time as a personal trainer at Tribe Fitness (livetribefitness.com) and full-time at Chick-fil-A.  I got engaged to my best friend and love of my life, Isaac Plemons on December 13, 2013.  We will be married on September 12, 2014.  Isaac is in his last stretch of pharmacy school at UGA.  He will graduate with a PharmD in May of 2015.

I am writing this letter to raise money to go to Guatemala this summer on a mission’s trip. The past two summers, I have gone to Antigua, Guatemala to work with Nathan Hardeman, a full-time missionary with Engadi Ministries. Engadi Ministries works to break the gang cycle in boys and helps them find refuge and growth in Christ by giving them a home to train them in the instruction of the Lord. Learn more about the ministry here. http://www.engadiministries.org/


As some of you may know, this country and Engadi Ministries are near and dear to my heart.  This trip was how Isaac and I met (in 2012), and we went back together last summer while we were dating.  Isaac and I are both drawn to Guatemala and hope to one day move there and work with Nathan as house parents for the boys.  This year, I will be going without Isaac (he will be interning for his last year of pharmacy school starting in May), but I cannot pass up the opportunity to work with the Guatemalans in the country that may be our future home.  So, this summer, I am returning to Guatemala during the second week of June (7-14) with Watkinsville First Baptist Church to continue helping Nathan with his work in Antigua.  Our work will involve ministering to the children in the city as well as helping with the construction of the boys’ home.

So here’s the nitty gritty: the cost for the trip to Guatemala is $1300.  This is a lot of money that I do not have.  It is with great faith and knowing that this is the will of the Lord that I have committed to this trip with full assurance that God will supply the money.  I ask that you prayerfully consider partnering with me in prayer and in finances.

                                                 *****If you can give*****
Send a check to 1061 Persimmon Creek Drive; Bishop, GA 30621.
Make the check out to "WFBC", and do NOT put my name anywhere on the check.

Please know that this trip is not possible without your help. The reason we are here on earth is to spread the saving knowledge that the only way to get to heaven is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone. I am looking forward to sharing this good news in Guatemala this summer!  Thank you for partnering with me in sharing the Gospel!

In Christ,
Catherine
Psalms 113:7-8
“He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ask heap, to make them sit with princes, with the princes of his people.”

No comments: