Tuesday, January 28, 2014

new year - new post

Ok, so I know that January is almost over, but it's still the first of the year, so the title counts.  I figured since my life has changed so much in the past few months that it was about time for an update.  So this post is about everything NEW in my life.

NEW name

The biggest news to announce is that come fall of 2014 I will become Mrs. Plemons!  Isaac and I got engaged on December 13, 2013.  (read the engagement story here) We haven't set a date yet, as we are waiting on his school schedule for the fall, but we do know that the wedding will take place this fall (as in, after August).  With all the excitement and adjustment of being engaged, I can say one thing: I love it!  I am so excited about the future of marrying the love of my life.  We have been so blessed to have the support and approval of both families and all our friends.  We are in the very early stages of wedding planning and will not do too much until we have set a date and can make more permanent plans, but I refuse to be stressed.  I am determined to enjoy this season (as it is only a season) because I will never be able to go back and simply enjoy being engaged.  Look for our wedding website to go up in early March!


NEW degree

I officially graduated from the University of Georgia in December 2013.  I finished classes in May 2013 and completed my degree by doing an internship at Mercy Health Center during the fall of 2013.  I now have a Bachelor's in Health Promotion and Behavior.





NEW job

Well, not really a new job, but a new position at an old job.  I worked for Chick-fil-A for a year and a half during undergrad.  After I graduated, I returned to work full-time as a Team Leader.  My responsibilities include opening up the store each morning and managing the store until the shift leader arrives for their shift.  I currently work about 40 hours a week and am grateful to have a job so soon after college.  I am also still working part-time at Tribe Fitness as a personal trainer and am currently working on renewing my certification by completing a training specialization through the National Academy of Sports Medicine.

So that's the short of it.  For the moment, I am living at home in Athens, grateful my parents still let me stay, but that will change come this fall.  When Isaac and I get married, I will pack up the few belongings I call my own (because everything else is my parents), and move to Augusta where Isaac is finishing up pharmacy school (pray I find a job there).  We will live there until May 2015 when he graduates, and after that it's unknown territory. 

1 comment:

Linda Livery said...

you have been prayed for many years as I am sure your parents prayed for Isaac. Can't wait to see what the future has in store cause I know God is the head of all of this. Love you both & pray for both of you each morning. I also know that my sister is smiling down on Y'all.
Love,
Linda