Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Saturday in Athens

I had the great privilege of having my first full UGA football experience...meaning both tailgating and the game. Unfortunately, the dawgs lost, but the whole day was great anyways!

My Saturday began at 5:30am, waking up and getting all dressed up for the day! In Athens on Saturday, everyone looks their best! I was decked out in a little black dress, a Georgia "G" necklace, a mascot bracelet, and a little bulldog tattoo (see my right cheek). I had never been so dressed up for a sporting event before, but it was sure fun to be in a dress (plus, it made me not sweat so much in the 90 degree heat that was during the whole game).

I left the house around 7am to go to Chick-fil-A to pick of a party tray for the tailgating. I had also made some of my own homemade pumpkin spice bread for everyone to enjoy. Since I work for Chick-fil-A, I was able to see some of my co-workers that morning. I was blessed with getting the day off to enjoy the entire game, so to bless my bosses for that, I made them some of their own pumpkin spice bread to put in the break room for their own fun Saturday.

I got to the tailgating spot around 8am, and then began the real fun. It was my first time actually tailgating before a UGA game, and it was great. We all enjoyed some great food, coffee, juice (since the game was at noon, we had breakfast food at our tailgate). It was a great time of fellowship, fun, and of course, getting pepped up for the game by listening to our school's fight songs on the iPod.














Pictures from tailgating...





Around 11am, the group of us starting walking down the road to Sanford Stadium. We wanted to make sure we got there early enough to get good seats in the stadium.


We got in the Stadium, and then the game began. The first couple of minutes were great, then the halftime show was amazing as always, then the last quarter was a nail biter, but the sad thing is...we ended up losing because of a last second touchdown. Oh well, the day was still super fun!


1 comment:

Pastor David Holt said...

Sounds like fun. You look beautiful! Just wish I could have been there with you.